An aim to enlighten all on the various aspects of my life.

February 4, 2011

All the Elves in Christendom

"In the name of all the elves in Christendom, is that Jane Eyre?" -Mr. Rochester

I must confess; I have been absorbed in the world of Jane Eyre for the past week.
It began after finishing the 1983 version of Jane Eyre with Timothy Dalton and Zelah Clarke.


I received this movie from my aunt last summer and sadly, I watched about half and it was forgotten.
And then one cold day in January I decided to pick it back up.
It has become the theme of my week.

I decided to order the book online last Monday from Walmart, and it arrived last Saturday.
The novel is one of my absolute favourites; and previously I did not own a copy.
I am now about three-fourths of the way finished; half the book being read over various cups of tea.

I then proceeded to buy four songs off the Jane Eyre The Musical Soundtrack.


To finish off this indulgence, I decided to purchase the 2006 version of Jane Eyre. 
Thank you Lord for showing me the $20 hidden in an obscure corner of my room in order to buy this!
I am excited to see how it compares to the original novel and the 1983 adaptation.
Is not God wonderful? :)


Having few opportunities to pamper myself; when an opportunity does arise,
I relish in it.

So I may quote without reproach:

"I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will!" -Jane Eyre



No comments:

Post a Comment