An aim to enlighten all on the various aspects of my life.

February 2, 2011

Jane Eyre and Tea

After a morning of errands in the bitter cold; only two thoughts can occupy my mind:
Jane Eyre.
Tea.
I am a little over half-way done with this lovely book; which pains me greatly.
In the novel, Jane Eyre's hard-hearted aunt has just died; and Jane is about to return to Thornfield.

To savour the delights of a such wonderful novel, four things must be done:
Put the kettle on for tea.
See that the fire has a good blaze.
Locate some leftover scones, 
and
find the extra-special-dark-chocolate-that-is-only-to-be-used-for-extra-special-occasions.

Once that has been achieved, and the tea steeped and poured; there is only one thing left to do:
Savour and Enjoy.



"And a tray was soon brought. How pretty, to my eyes, did the china cups and bright teapot look, placed on the little round table near the fire! How fragrant was the steam of the beverage, and the scent of the toast!"
 -Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

2 comments:

  1. Oh, sounds so cozy! I love to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea - what a perfect bliss!

    Have you ever tried Earl Grey tea flavored dark chocolate? A friend of mine brought it to me from Germany and it's divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first tasted Earl Grey-infused chocolate a month ago at a local chocolaterie... it is now my official favourite. I agree with you... chocolate divinity! :)

    ReplyDelete