An aim to enlighten all on the various aspects of my life.

February 5, 2011

Bright Star

Last night I had the opportunity to watch Bright Star for the first time.


It was simply beautiful.

The cinematography and art direction of the film was visually stunning.

[reading+love+letter3.PNG]


[img_1591572718.jpg]

The colours and costumes were beautiful.


[19100416.jpg]


The music breathtaking;


With John Keats' poetry sprinkled throughout.


Being somewhat of a dancer, I also enjoyed the ballet lesson in the movie.

[19100431.jpg]

I also appreciated the idea of Fanny making her own clothes. 
It rekindles the desire within me to start sewing again. 



Before I watched the movie, I was sure that I was going to cry.
I knew Keats was going to die.
Then I reached the last thirty minutes of the film; and a strange thing happened:


I thought I would cry, I wished I could cry; but no tears came.

The film touched my soul, and I mourned inwardly.
Deeper than tears can show.


Fanny Brawne: "I still don't know how to work out a poem."
John Keats: "A poem needs understanding through the senses. The point of diving into a lake is not immediately to swim to the shore but to be in the lake, to luxuriate in the sensation of water. You do not work the lake out, it is an experience beyond thought."

1 comment:

  1. WOW looks like a beautiful movie! I'm always on the lookout for new movies, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete